Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Summer Ramblings


I've been neglecting my blog a bit lately. I've been distracted by beautiful summer days filled with children...

The sights, sounds and smells of childhood memories are carried on a summer breeze. Fairs and festivals, camps and cookouts, picnics and pools, bike rides and barbeques, sidewalk chalk and bubbles, fireflies, friends and windblown fields, homemade ice cream, all these things are the fabric of childhood. I want to soak it in moment by moment. All too soon the things of childhood are left behind and young adult responsibilities begin eek their way into our children's lives. I don't want to be in the kitchen or on the computer while that happens!

2 comments:

Marissa said...

Good for you! I only have my computer out when I'm at work away from the little one. I hate sitting in front of it when she would rather be playing.

Go enjoy yourselves! We'll be here on the next rainy day or scorching day when you have a chance to post!

Paula said...

I am with Marissa. Glad to hear all is fine and even more though as you have a glorious time!